Caring for your Pivot Arm Awning
As with all outdoor blind applications it is very important to adopt a regular cleaning routine, this will not only help to keep your Blinds looking fresh and new it will also help the longevity of the product.
Important Note: Blinds & awnings are not substitutes for glazing or similar structures and accordingly are not designed to withstand strong winds. It is recommended that the products be raised when winds exceed 60km per hour to protect your investment.
- Pivot arm awnings are designed to offer shade.
- Do not use during heavy rain or high winds.
- Use a good quality light oil to lubricate moving parts annually.
- Periodically check your awning to ensure all nuts and bolts are tightened, if any have come loose tighten immediately.
- • Your folding arm awning will come with a standard slope to prevent the fabric from sagging and to allow water to run off, should any water collect on fabric during cleaning or from rain gently push fabric up with a broom handle to disperse.
- Avoid rolling up awning when wet.
General cleaning guide
- Regularly remove dust from the blind fabric by using a vacuum cleaner or soft brush.
- Blinds should be cleaned regularly with lukewarm soapy water and rinsed off immediately with clean water
- Dry with a soft cloth or sponge.
- DO NOT USE SOLVENTS, ABRASIVES OR CHEMICALS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Your environment will determine the frequency required for cleaning – Within 5Km of the coast every 1-2 months - Over 5Km from the coast every 3-4 months.