ABC Blinds Terms and Conditions
As a general principle, we don't make conditional offers here at ABC Blinds. We strive to promote all of our products and services in a clear and simple fashion, without any need for legalistic qualification. However, in some specific cases, extended terms and conditions may apply which are detailed in the below sections.
ABC special promotions.
Unless stated otherwise, all promotional offers apply to ABC Blinds metropolitan stores only.
ABC Free Measure and Quote 10% Discount
Only available online and does not apply to other promotions.
ABC Free Measure and Quote.
We are always happy to provide this service free of charge. Naturally, we're unable to visit and measure homes and businesses outside the metropolitan area. If you live in a regional or rural area of Western Australia, please contact our country outlets to determine whether or not you're eligible to claim our free measure and quote service.
ABC Blinds 5% Guarantee
If you find a cheaper price on a comparable-quality stocked item, simply present the relevant advertisement in store at an ABC Blinds showroom and we'll beat the competing offer by 5%* guaranteed.
*Excludes Crimsafe products, trade quotes, stock liquidations and commercial quantities. ABC Blinds' price guarantee applies to any cheaper price found in a physical store in Australia. It applies where the other store's final price, inclusive of delivery, taxes, fees and charges, is lower than our price. ABC Blinds reserves the right to terminate or amend the price guarantee policy at any time without notice.
To be eligible for this offer, the following conditions must also be met:
- Product must be identical (same brand, colour, model)
- Product must be currently advertised in print or digital media
- Product must be in stock at the competitor's store
- Competing price must be inclusive of delivery fees, taxes and charges
- Competing price is lower than our price on the day the price guarantee is requested (day of purchase)
7-Day Express Delivery
Other conditions may apply, so it's always best to get in touch to clarify precisely which supply and delivery conditions apply to you, given your location, stock availabilities, the time of year, and other key factors.
ABC Blinds is able to negotiate special prices, terms and conditions depending on the scale of your commercial requirement and other factors. You can find out more about our Trade Partner Program here.
Have any questions?
If you have any further questions or if there are any issues you'd like us to address, please don't hesitate to call us on 13 13 15. We pride ourselves on our top quality products and customer service which have made us a leader in the Australian blinds industry.
The quotation given overleaf by ABC Blinds & Awnings and the order from the Customer are subject to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Once the order overleaf is accepted by ABC Blinds & Awnings, these terms and conditions constitute the sole and entire contract between ABC Blinds & Awnings and the Customer. These terms and conditions may then only be varied with the written approval of ABC Blinds & Awnings. They override any inconsistent conditions in any document or other communication used by the Customer in relation to this transaction.
Should the customer wish to cancel the contract once accepted by ABC Blinds & Awnings then such request must be in writing. Requests for cancellation must be approved by management and such approval will only be forthcoming on proof of extreme personal or financial hardship. At all times the customer is liable for all costs and loss of profits incurred by ABC Blinds & Awnings up to and by virtue of the cancellation of the contract.
In consideration for the services provided by ABC Blinds & Awnings, the Customer undertakes to pay ABC Blinds & Awnings the contract price as set out overleaf for the services.
The Customer acknowledges and accepts that:
- The services include all goods and window treatments sold and delivered to the Customer's premises and all services rendered in relation to the delivery and installation of the goods and Window treatments inclusive of all materials used and costs, expenses and repairs incurred by ABC Blinds & Awnings or any of its subcontractors.
- All Window treatments are required to be made "square" by ABC Blinds & Awnings and that the Customer will have no claim whatsoever on ABC Blinds & Awnings if the window treatments are installed on windows which are out of "square" alignment.
- It is the customers responsibility to provide clear access to the windows for ABC Blinds & Awnings and remove any existing window treatments prior to the commencement of the services by ABC Blinds & Awnings. Should the Customer fail to provide clear access, ABC Blinds & Awnings may charge an additional fee for such removal and time spent in gaining clear access.
- Once the colour and weave of window treatments have been selected by the Customer, ABC Blinds & Awnings will use its best endeavours to ensure the colour and weave delivered are as ordered. Small variations in colour and weave due to manufacturing processes may occur from time to time. The Customer will accept these variations.
- Once installed ABC Blinds & Awnings will not be responsible for changes in the colour of window treatments attributable to room decorations, impact of light or weather.
- ABC Blinds & Awnings will use its best endeavours to complete the service within the time specified, if any. However, if a delay is caused by something beyond the control of ABC Blinds & Awnings, ABC Blinds & Awnings is not liable for any damage or loss to the Customer resulting from any delay in the provision of the services.
- Unless otherwise specified in this document, a deposit of one half of the contract price is payable by the Customer to ABC Blinds & Awnings upon acceptance of the Customers Order and the remaining two thirds is payable upon installation of the services.
- Where the Customer makes a payment to ABC Blinds & Awnings under these terms and conditions by way of a debit to the Customers Credit Card, ABC Blinds & Awnings agrees to process the payment provided that the Customers Credit Card is a type approved by ABC Blinds & Awnings and the Customer agrees to reimburse ABC Blinds & Awnings for the Merchant Fees as are charged to ABC Blinds & Awnings for the processing of the Credit Card Payment.
- Where the services are purchased on a "lay-buy" basis from ABC Blinds & Awnings, and the Customer fails to make payments when they fall due for payment, ABC Blinds & Awnings is entitled, but not obliged, to cancel the contract and retain such monies as have been paid equivalent to the amount of the loss suffered by ABC Blinds & Awnings in entering into the contract.
- Where payment terms for the services are agreed by ABC Blinds & Awnings or the Customer has an authorised credit account with ABC Blinds & Awnings, title in the services and in particular any goods and window treatments, remain with ABC Blinds & Awnings until the entire contract price has been paid to ABC Blinds & Awnings.
- Until the contract price is paid in accordance with paragraph 4.11 the Customer will keep the goods and window treatments in is possession and control and will not sell, assign or let them or any interest in them, or permit any charge, pledge, lien or other encumbrance to be created in relation to them.
- If the Customer disposes of any goods or window treatments while they remain the property of ABC Blinds & Awnings, the Customer holds the proceeds on trust for ABC Blinds & Awnings up to the amount it owes ABC Blinds & Awnings in respect of the services, and must immediately pay that amount to ABC Blinds & Awnings.
- The risk in goods and window treatments passes to the Customer when they are installed in or delivered to the Customers Premises, or when they are picked up by the Customers Transport Company.
- The Customer must keep all the goods and window treatments insured on usual terms against all risks usually insured against for goods and window treatments of that kind, from the time the risk in the goods and window treatments passes to the Customer until the time the property in the goods and window treatments passes to the Customer. The Customer holds any proceeds of that insurance on trust for ABC Blinds & Awnings up to the amount it owes ABC Blinds & Awnings in respect of the services, and must immediately pay that amount to ABC Blinds & Awnings.
- ABC Blinds & Awnings will not be liable for any damage discovered after installation unless:
- The Customer gives written notice to ABC Blinds & Awnings within four days after the date of the delivery of the services; and
- The Customer gives ABC Blinds & Awnings reasonable opportunity to inspect the services in the same condition and place in which they were installed by ABC Blinds & Awnings.
Except as otherwise provided by state or federal law the Company gives no warranty other than that contained herein, in connection with the sale or use of its Products or services. All the Company products are covered by a 2 year product warranty subject to the following exclusions:
- The warranty excludes fading of materials or wear and tear.
- The warranty excludes accidental damage, misuse or installation.
- Failures not reported to the Company
- Products which have in any way been tampered with or altered by anyone other than an authorised representative of the Company.
- The warranty excludes variations of wood grains, stain variations or slight warping that may occur in timber, as it is a natural product with properties beyond the Company's control.
- The warranty excludes slight variations that may occur in the colour, shades and texture of fabrics from batch to batch. All warranty repairs must be taken to the nearest Company outlet where they will be transported to the Company factory. Call out fees and delivery charges will be payable if the repairs are requested on site after 90 days from the date of installation. Under this warranty the Company reserves the right to replace components or materials with items currently used in manufacture. This warranty is only valid when the products have been paid for in full. This warranty is not transferable and this Tax Invoice/Quote must be presented with proof of full payment before any warranty work id carried out.
- All other conditions and warranties of any type in relation to the services are excluded to the maximum extent allowable under law. The liability of ABC Blinds & Awnings for breach of any condition or warranty implied by law is limited to any one or more of the following, at the option of ABC Blinds & Awnings.
- The replacement of the goods or window treatments or the supply of equivalent goods
- The repair of the goods or window treatments
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods
- The payment of the cost of having the goods or window treatments repaired.
- The Customer will keep ABC Blinds & Awnings indemnified against any loss, damage or liability arising from a use of goods or window treatments that is not in accordance with ABC Blinds & Awnings instructions or recommended practise whether this has been advised to the Customer or not.
- All expenses incurred by ABC Blinds & Awnings in recovering monies due to it from the Customer inclusive of solicitor's charges, debt collector's fees and cheque dishonour fees shall be a debt due and owing by the Customer to ABC Blinds & Awnings.
- ABC Blinds & Awnings may by written notice to the Customer end the contract immediately in any of the following circumstances;
- The Customer fails to perform any of its obligations under the contract
- The Customer dies or becomes incapacitated, or ceases, or indicates that it is about to cease, to carry on business
- Anything happens that reasonably indicates that there is a significant risk that the Customer is or Will become unable to pay debts as they tall due. This includes execution or distress being levied against any income or assets of the Customer; a meeting of the Customers Creditors being called or held; a step being taken to make the Customer bankrupt; and the Customer entering into any type of arrangement with, or assignment for the befit of, all or any of its creditors, or being subject to a deed of company arrangement.
- At all times the Customer is liable for all costs and loss of profits incurred by ABC Blinds & Awnings up to and by virtue of the ending of the contract
- If ABC Blinds & Awnings ability to perform its obligations under this contract is adversely affected by:
- Trade Dispute
- Damage to plant or machinery
- Shortage of any material or labour; or
- Any cause beyond the control of ABC Blinds & Awnings. ABC Blinds & Awnings may, if it chooses, end the contract or suspend it for up to three months by giving the Customer written notice. ABC Blinds & Awnings will not be liable for any loss, damage or liability which the Customer incurs.
- In consideration of ABC Blinds & Awnings entering into this contract, the guarantors whose names appear overleaf, jointly and severally guarantee payment to ABC Blinds & Awnings on demand of all monies and payments under this contract to ABC Blinds & Awnings.