Photo credit: The Organised Housewife, featuring indoor Aluminium shutters
When it comes to durability, you can't go past aluminium. The stronger metal is perfectly suited to outdoor use so it's safe to say aluminium shutters will hold up against anything the Aussie climate can throw at them! But did you know modern aluminium shutters are also incredibly efficient indoors, too?
Benefits of Aluminium Shutters
Outdoor Aluminium Shutters
Given Australia’s mild climate, we spend a lot of time enjoying the weather from the comfort of our backyards, patios or balconies. Due to the extended time spent outdoors, it’s important to make sure your alfresco area can offer protection from the harsher elements throughout the year. With practical (and stylish) UV protection, privacy and ultimate durability, outdoor aluminium shutters are a guaranteed way to improve your outdoor space. You can read more about their care and maintenance here.
Indoor Aluminium Shutters
Modern indoor aluminium shutters are extremely energy efficient. They create an additional layer of insulation and keep the air in your home at a comfortable temperature. In addition to energy efficiency, the benefits include easy light control, views, privacy and ventilation in any room of the house. They’re also a great choice for sliding doors, being incredibly easy to operate and low maintenance – only requiring the occasional dusting.
Why buy Aluminium Shutters?
Aluminium plantation shutters may cost a little more than the average window treatment, but it’s worth the investment! Here’s 5 reasons why window shutters are worth the money.
1. Incredibly stylish: The streamlined appearance of our aluminium shutters features clean, modern lines in the form of the horizontal louvres.
2. 100% child safe: We specialise in child-safe blinds and shutters. All of our window treatments meet international child safety standards, however, unlike other blinds, shutters don’t have any cords or chains. This not only adds to their stylish appearance, but it gives parents and pet-owners total peace of mind.
3. Durable: Aluminium is one of the most lightweight and durable materials in the market. It’s a great choice for any room of the home that’s frequently exposed to moisture, as it won’t warp, bend, crack or peel.
4. Easy to operate: Aluminium shutters are designed to be free from clunky control bars. To operate, simply adjust one blade and you adjust them all to achieve your desired levels of sunlight and airflow.
5. Add value to your home: This timeless style appeals to most homebuyers and can match most types of décor. Plus, as already mentioned, aluminium shutters are incredibly durable.
How much do aluminium shutters cost?
At ABC Blinds, we strive to produce the highest quality shutters for the lowest prices. The cost to buy aluminium shutters for your home or office will set you back approximately $380 per square metre. If you see a cheaper price anywhere else, simply show us the competing offer and we’ll beat it by 5 per cent! You can read more about our price beat offer here.
Customising aluminium shutters
When you place an order with ABC Blinds, your shutters will be custom made to perfectly suit your home. Choose from seven different colours (white satin, pearl white gloss, titania, white birch gloss, woodgrain, silver and black) and three blade sizes (67mm, 89mm and 115mm), as well as your choice of hinge, bi-fold and sliding options. Select from three frame designs (and, if your window frame is perfectly square, the frames can be fitted so they can't be seen).
Want to learn more about our Perth-made shutters? Give us a call us on 13 13 15, visit one of our Perth showrooms or arrange a free measure and quote with a highly-trained consultant in your own home.
All of our blinds, curtains, awnings and shutters are made in Australia and are sold for the lowest prices in the market, guaranteed. Just bring in a quote on any competitor’s comparable item and we’ll beat it by 5%!